Debt & Money advice - Step 1
There are three steps, which should help you find the information you need.
First, please consider whether your question is one of the Frequently Asked Questions below. Each question links to an external site (indicated by the larger, coloured text), which may provide the answer to your query.
- I think I may be a victim of a scam, what should I do?
- I'm being chased by a creditor, what can I do?
- I'm in arrears with my mortgage, what help is available?
- I'm behind with my rent, what should I do?
- I want to manage my debts myself, are there any guides telling me what to do?
- I don't want to pay for a debt management plan, are there any free services, other than CABs?
- I want to go bankrupt, can you tell me more about this?
- What is a debt relief order?
- What is an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement)?
- What happens if my creditors take me to court?
- I'm being threatened by bailiffs, what can I do?
- I'm not sure I'm receiving the best deal from my energy supplier. What can I do?
- I’d like ten top tips to help me check, switch and insulate during Big Energy Saving Week.
- I'm struggling to pay my energy bills. What can I do?
Each question links to an external site, which may be able to answer your question. Some may be links to Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you cannot read these files, you may have to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader